Important information regarding cookies

By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with the Housing Agency Cookie Policy. For more information on cookies see our privacy policy.

Can I Transfer to another Local Authority Home

If you are already living in a local authority home and wish to move to another area, then you can generally apply for a ‘transfer’ to another local authority property in the same housing authority area.  You are then placed on a ‘transfer list’. This can take a considerable period of time depending on availability of homes in the area requested.  In order to qualify for the transfer list, you will need to meet criteria, such as:

  • have lived in your home for a minimum number of years,
  • not have any rent arrears, and
  • your home must be in good condition.

For more information, contact your local authority directly.

Link to more information on the Citizens Information website