The Regulation Office was established in 2014. It has responsibility for the day to day management of the regulatory function.
Its mission is to protect AHB assets and safeguard the interests of their current and future tenants. It does this by regulating for a well-governed, well managed and financially viable sector.
The purpose of Regulation is to:
- Provide assurances to tenants, Boards, government and potential investors that the AHB sector is stable and well-regulated
- Safeguard public investment in the sector
- Encourage private investment in the sector
- Protect existing and future AHB tenants by promoting openness and accountability
- Contribute to the sustainability of the sector
The Regulation Office’s values are: