The Housing Agency and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage have issued a notification to stakeholders regarding the Croí Cónaithe (Cities) Fund.
The Croí Cónaithe (Cities) Fund aims to activate the delivery of apartments in high-demand areas in our cities for sale to individual purchasers. The first step to achieving this is to ensure that apartment developments with planning permissions in place are built and occupied. The Croí Cónaithe (Cities) Fund will provide funding to developers to help realise this vision.
The notice contains key dates and important criteria to note for potential applicants to the new scheme.
- In late January 2022, the Housing Agency will be issuing a Call for Proposals to developers for suitable apartment developments.
- Suitable proposals will be required to start on site as soon as possible to deliver apartments for sale no later than 2025.
- The Agency will be seeking proposals in city areas in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford.
- Full grant of planning approval must be in place by 31st January 2022.
- Apartment blocks included in proposals must be at least 4 storeys high.
- Proposal can include entire schemes or portions / phases.
- Apartment blocks must not have started construction at the time of submission. If the apartment blocks form part of a larger scheme, the other portions of the scheme may have commenced or been completed.
More information will be posted on The Housing Agency’s and the Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage’s social media and websites in early 2022.