The Housing Agency’s Statement of Strategy, 2022-2024 was launched on the 27th of January 2022 by the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O’Brien TD.
The Statement of Strategy outlines how more affordable housing, increasing the supply of social and private homes and addressing social inclusion issues such as homelessness and ageing will be the priorities for the work of The Housing Agency over the next three years.
The Statement of Strategy frames the work of The Housing Agency under three broad themes:
- Being a centre for housing knowledge;
- Bridging housing supply and demand; and
- Building capacity for housing.
It outlines how, over the coming years, The Housing Agency will use research, informed policy insights and data to work to achieve a housing system that meets the housing needs of our nation and promotes viable, sustainable communities.
The Housing Agency’s Strategic Plan 2022-2024 has been framed in the context of supporting Housing for All, the Government’s housing plan for Ireland and key trends in the housing system including:
- Diverse and changing housing needs for people living in Ireland.
- Long-term government policy and strategic planning for the Irish housing system.
- A continuing focus on building inclusive, sustainable communities.
The Housing Agency’s Statement of Strategy, 2022-2024 can be read HERE
An executive summary of the Statement of Strategy can be read HERE
A list of actions The Housing Agency will provide input under Housing for All can be read HERE