The Housing Agency is a team of dedicated housing professionals working towards delivering sustainable and affordable housing for all.
Using our knowledge and expertise we lead the way in informing and delivering housing policy.
We are uniquely positioned to understand the needs of the Irish housing sector through our active engagement with others.
The work we undertake is broad in terms of supporting all housing related issues.
- Leasing - information for property owners and landlords.
- Property Sourcing and Acquisitions Programme
- Development and management of Land owned by the Housing Agency
- Supporting Local Authorities through project feasibility assessments and development of outline project delivery plans
- Advisory services on Part V delivery, turnkey delivery, and design and build tenders
- Undertaking financial assessments of Payment and Availability Agreement and Capital Advance Leasing Facility (CALF) applications.
- Contracts Preparation and Support
- Supporting Homelessness through sourcing of properties suitable for the Housing First Programme.
- Ongoing support and advice across housing delivery and housing management policies and practitioners.
- The Local Authority National Housing Practitioners Forum
- Online Resources – Housing Manual
- National Housing Training Programme. Ensuring suitable development, education is provided to housing practitioners.
We are actively involved in the implementation of The National Housing Strategy for People with a Disability, a framework for delivering housing to people with disabilities through mainstream housing sources.
We work with NAMA, the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, local authorities and Approved Housing Bodies to determine if NAMA properties are suitable for social housing.