On the 16th June, the International Social Housing Festival was held in Helsinki, Finland. The Housing Agency partnered with our colleagues in Clúid Housing and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage to deliver an in-person and online seminar entitled Cost Rental: A New Approach from Ireland. We were also delighted to welcome a panel of international cost rental experts from Austria, Denmark and Finland.
Part 1: From Concept to Delivery - The Cost Rental journey
- Welcome and introduction - Roslyn Molloy, Head of Policy & Practice, The Housing Agency
- Ireland’s housing environment and policy context which supported the development of Cost Rental - Alan Smyth, Assistant Principal, Affordable Purchase and Cost Unit, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage
- Operating Irish Cost Rental Scheme - Gwen Perry, Head of Affordable Housing, The Housing Agency
Part 2: The Irish Cost Rental model compared to International models - Panel Discussion
Moderated by Dara Turnbull, Research Coordinator, Housing Europe
- Gerlinde Gutheil-Knopp-Kirchwald, Austrian Federation of Limited Profit Housing Association
- Jaana Naro, President of the Finnish Affordable Housing Companies’ Federation- Kova and CEO of Helsinki City Housing Company
- Solveig Raberg Tingey, Deputy CEO, BL-Danish Federation of Non-Profit Housing Federation
- Fiona Dunkin, Policy Manager, Clúid Housing
Part 3: Lessons from an Irish Housing Association providing new Cost Rental homes
- Lessons on delivering cost rental homes in Ireland to inform future delivery - James O'Halloran, Senior Supply Manager, Clúíd Housing
The impact of living in Cost Rental Homes -Results from research with new residents on the impact of living in their new cost rental homes in Ireland - Fiona Dunkin, Policy Manager, Clúid Housing
Close - Roslyn Molloy, Head of Policy & Practice, The Housing Agency
If you were unable to attend the event, would like to rewatch the seminar or share with colleagues a recording of the full lecture is now available to view online, on our youtube channel.