In October 2022, the Irish Architectural Foundation and The Housing Agency launched the Housing Unlocked exhibition. Running until mid-February 2023, this exhibition showcased eight innovative ideas to unlock housing delivery in Ireland. With over 25,000 visitors, this was a very popular event with practitioners and the general public.
On the 31st March, The Housing Agency held an event aimed to investigate the possibility of translating these ideas into practical actions that could provide new homes. The ‘Housing Unlocked - Making it Happen’ event involved presentations of each of the eight ideas to a targeted audience of housing practitioners. The presentations were followed by panel discussions and audience contributions to discuss the potential of realising these proposals.
The panels were made up of the following experts in housing, local government and planning.
• Robert Burns – Director of Services, Housing, Fingal County Council
• Sarah Neary – Principal Advisor, Built Environment, DHLGH
• Joan McMahon – Senior Architectural Advisor, DHLGH
• Karen Kenny – Senior Advisor, Planning, DHLGH
• Claire Feeney, Director of Services and Inclusion, The Housing Agency
• Tom Gilligan, Director of Services, Housing, Mayo County Council
• Cllr. Dermot Lacey, Dublin City Council
• Stewart Logan, Senior Planning Advisor, DHLGH
To read a report of the event please visit this link: Housing Unlocked – Making it Happen Event Report.
To read the official Housing Unlocked – Making it Happen document, which outlines the eight proposals and summarises the actions required to turn these ideas into reality, please visit this link: Housing Unlocked – Making it Happen.