One of the major challenges facing the Irish housing sector is ensuring sustainability. This includes sustainability of our housing finance models, sustainable communities and environmental sustainability.
Delivered in a hybrid format, The Housing Agency's Annual Conference 2022 explored these challenges in the November Housing Conference. This half-day event featured international and Irish expert input, followed by questions and discussion.
The conference presentations can all be downloaded from the list below:
Session 1: Financial Sustainability
Chair: David Silke –The Housing Agency
- Josh Ryan Collins – Associate Professor in Economics & Finance, University College London
- Michelle Norris – Director of the Geary Institute and Professor of Social Policy, University College Dublin
- Dermot O’Leary – Chief Economist, Goodbody
Session 2: Sustainable Housing, Sustainable Communities
Chair: Claire Feeney – The Housing Agency
- Gulnara Roll – Regional Advisor, UNECE
- Prof. Brian Evans – City Urbanist Glasgow
- Michaela Kauer – Director, Brussels Office of the City of Vienna
- Valerie Mulvin – Director, McCullough Mulvin Architects
- Ciaran Byrne – Director, SEAI